Practical: Reiki Technique Joshin Kokyo Ho
Joshin Kokyo Ho
Breathing exercise to purify the spirit
This technique (which I teach at Reiki Level 1) magnifies your energy and helps you to feel like a hollow piece of bamboo or bone through which the energy flows.
This can be useful to practice before you pick up your drum or before you lie down to experience a shamanic reiki drum journey. It will ensure that you are relaxed, open and filled with light.
The pointers below offer a guideline plus you can listen to the audio here
· Sit comfortably with your back straight and envisage drawing Reiki energy in through your crown as you breathe in.
· Pull the energy down into your dantien (a point a couple of fingers below your tummy button).
· Keep the breath there for a few moments (do not strain)
· Visualise the breath permeating your whole body and then exhale and imagine the breath/energy releasing through your hands, fingers, feet and toes.
· Begin the cycle again and find your own rhythm.